Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye, 2011!

I thought it would be fun to take a look back at 2011 and all of the wonderful things we've experienced this year.

First, let's take a look at this quote from my "Goodbye, 2010" post last year:
I have a feeling 2011 won't be nearly as exciting (no graduating, no moving, no marrying), but I'm hoping it will be an equally wonderful year!
Ha. No moving? What happened to that?!  It just goes to show that no matter what plans I've made, God always has something better in store!

So back to 2011. We'll start at the begining...

JANUARY
We finally got the apartment looking nice and decorated.



I started my second law school semester, and I did a bunch of interviews to get my very first legal internships!


FEBRUARY
I checked the last thing off our wedding to-do list when I finished our wedding album!


We celebrated our first married Valentine's Day!

MARCH
We went to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo!


We attended Jeff's cousin's wedding.

We took a Spring Break trip to Washington, D.C., Williamsburg, VA, and Maryland!


APRIL
We bought our house!


I finished a giant appellate brief assignment for law school.


We celebrated Jeff's birthday.

MAY
I took my second set of law school finals and finished my first year of law school!

We celebrated Jeff's Confirmation!


We got our guestbook quilt from the wedding!


JUNE
We spent a weekend at Lake Palestine for a family reunion with my extended family on my dad's side.


We attended the wedding of our friends Brianne and Kevin.


We moved out of our apartment and into the house.


I got to be the Maid of Honor in Kristen & Dan's wedding.


JULY
We went to our first furniture auction!


We polka danced at a family reunion in Ennis, TX!






We attended the wedding of Katie and Alan:


AUGUST


We went on my family's annual South Padre Island trip and played with the leftover sparklers from our wedding.



SEPTEMBER
We did some nesting in the kitchen and the half-bathroom.



OCTOBER
We took a trip to South Carolina to visit Jeff's family and go to a University of South Carolina football game.






We went to College Station for my sorority's alumni tailgate!


NOVEMBER
We took a quick trip to Fort Worth to watch my sister's dance performance.


I discovered a bunch of old photos at Jeff's grandparents' house.


We met Laura and David of The Luckiest in Love.


We camouflaged our air conditioning unit to make the Homeowners' Association happy.


We made it through yet another "Triple Thanksgiving." One day, three families, three dinners!


DECEMBER
I studied for finals a LOT, and officially made it to the halfway point of my time in law school!

We celebrated our engage-iversary. :)

We decorated for Christmas. And then we decorated a little more. And then we decorated some more again. :)




I took some silly Christmas photos of my wedding rings.


We celebrated my mom's birthday in Galveston, attended Jeff's dad's anniversary luncheon for 30 years of working for his company, and had our own little Jeff & Katie Christmas dinner.




We celebrated Christmas in Houston, in McKinney and Plano, and in Houston again!





Whew. What a year! We've certainly been busy, but we've made a lot of memories. I'm excited for 2012... it'll be our first full calendar year in the new house, I'll work for a law firm for the first time, I'll finish my second year of law school, we'll go on at least one exciting vacation (maybe more... we'll see!), we're planning to totally redecorate our bedroom and the empty guest room... it's going to be a big year! I'm pretty sure there really will be "no graduating, no moving, no marrying" in 2012 though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment