Friday, December 2, 2011

Cheddar Chive Beer Bread

So I bought a bag of self-rising flour accidentally. I know I could've gone back to the store and exchanged it for regular, but the Customer Service desk at Wal-Mart makes my blood pressure rise to unhealthy levels. So I Googled "what to make with self rising flour," and someone said quick breads, so I made up this recipe. And it was GOOOD. Jeff said it was better than the Shiner bread at Saltgrass Steakhouse, so I was pretty proud of myself!


Ingredients:
3 cups self-rising flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 12oz bottle of beer
1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp dried chives
2 tbsp butter, melted

Directions:
1. Stir together flour, sugar, and beer. Add in cheese and chives and stir until combined.
2. Put dough in a lightly-greased loaf pan (I think mine is 4x8").
3. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Pour melted butter over the top and bake for another 10 minutes.
4. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.

Ingredients!

Mixing it all up!

Dough!

in the pan...

Out of the oven!

Cooling on a rack...


Ta-da!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! I found you at H-town Blogger Hotties. This recipe is so different and I've got to try it :-)

    ReplyDelete