Saturday, August 13, 2011

House Tour

I finally got around to taking some photos of the whole house, and I figured it's time for a little tour of our (still a big work-in-progress) home!

When you walk in the front door, you step into the entryway, from which you can see the piano room to your left, the dining room ahead and to your left, and the living room ahead and to your right.


This is the bench we purchased at the furniture auction!

To the left is an open archway leading into the piano room...




Going back to the entryway... here's the view to the right of the living room:


And here's the view to the left of the dining room:

Here's our china cabinet (a hand-me-down from my parents)

And here's our new table & chairs (which I looove)!

This is one of my favorite little views in the house - looking into the dining room from the kitchen.

And here's the view going back the other way!

If you walk through the dining room (or through the living room), you arrive in the kitchen!



The kitchen opens up into the living room...




View from upstairs!


There's a hallway off the living room which contains our 1/2 bath (or powder room, or whatever you want to call it) and our laundry room:

(this is a sneak peak of the antique mirror I bought at a furniture auction!)




If you head back behind the living room, you'll find the master bedroom and bathroom:





Here's the patio...


Once you head upstairs, you end up in the game room (which currently serves absolutely no purpose):


The game room and adjoining hallway have banisters that look down into the two-story living room:


A walk through that little hallway takes you to the first of two guest bedrooms:

This bedroom will inherit our current master bedroom stuff in a year or so when we re-do our bedroom.

There's a jack-and-jill bathroom of sorts that connects this bedroom to the hallway:





Back in the hallway, you can also go into my craft room!



These chair from (you guessed it) the furniture auction are waiting to be recovered and painted.

Annnd then we have the other guest bedroom:



Paint samples waiting to be decided on and frames waiting for painting to be done...


And that's it! What do you think? Any genius ideas on how to decorate anything? 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I love it! You've already done more with your home than I've done with mine in 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these on facebook, but it's so fun to 'walk through' the house with you! I can't wait to see the guest room painted, the craft room done, and those chairs refinished! Exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! Super jealous.
    http://ourlifebeyondthegame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over how gorgeous your house is. You guys did an amazing job decorating!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE it. Creepy question- but is that a Chesmar house? If so, I know exactly which one it is because we went into a model one last weekend. There are 2 neighborhoods with Chesmar homes and on a whim we went and looked. Chesmar is AWESOME- I love that they included so many things standard whereas others you had to upgrade to that. You've done an awesome job with it. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep - it is a Chesmar home! We've been quite happy with them as a builder!

    ReplyDelete