Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Jeff!

Twenty-four years ago today, my sweet husband was born! Here's to twenty-four years of Jeff:

Age One

Age Two

Age Three

Age Four

Age Five

Age Six

Age Seven

Age Eight

Annnnd we'll stop there since I'm getting into the awkward years... :o)

Isn't it crazy that I've know this guy for just about 1/3 of his life? We met in the summer of 2003... SO SO long ago! Just for fun, this is what Jeff looked like then:

Good old high school marching band. Haha.

And just because it's only fair if I post an awkward photo of me too... this is what I looked like around the time we met...


Haha. Suffice to say, we weren't umm... attracted to each other for some time. He had pimples and I had braces and we were definitely just friends. Jeff's parents used to refer to me as "Jeff's friendgirl" because I definitely wasn't a "girlfriend." Haha. Jeff says that I looked like a ten-year-old when we met. He's probably right. I was actually 14, thankyouverymuch. I think gymnastics stunted my growth. Not joking. I used to be a serious gymnast and I trained with Bela Karolyi and went to the same gym as Nastia Liukin. But I quit when they wanted to take me out of regular school. 

Oh dear... this is the weirdest, most random post ever! I was totally intending on just writing a nice birthday message for Jeff. Haha. Oh well. 

Jeff - happy birthday. I can't figure out why you love your crazy wife so much, but I'm sure glad you do. Accidentally falling in love with my best friend is the best thing that ever happened to me. 

Sigh. And thus begins the two-month period of the year that really bothers me because Jeff is THREE years older than me according to the numbers...

5 comments:

  1. how funny. i was a gymnast too, at bannon's. then in jr high quit and started cheerleading. if it makes you feel better, my husband is 12 years older than me! he graduated college when i finished 5th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww i love this post. awkward pictures are awesome, and i love that you two weren't attracted to each other and then BAM you realized it. that's really cute! happy birthday jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could say I knew my fiancé for 1/3 of his life!! One day ;)
    But what a cute birthday post.. happy bday Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I love this post! I can't believe how similar our 'life timelines' are - David and I met in the summer of 2003, too! But we started dating December of 2003. :) Oh my gosh, that means I've known David for over 1/3 of his life. And we've been together for over 1/3 of his life! Weird.

    Happy birthday to Jeff! Hope it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to jeff! i hope he had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete