Monday, October 31, 2011

A College Station Weekend

Happy Halloween from Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!

Okay, so this is last year, but we're not doing anything particularly exciting this year, so we're just going to re-use this photo, mmkay? 

I'm super excited to get trick-or-treaters at our house for the first time tonight. I'm irrationally worried that we didn't buy enough candy. Is it creepy to take a photo of the first trick-or-treaters that come to our house? Probably. 

Anyway...

We spent the weekend in College Station, and I SO enjoyed it. I had a rough week last week, so it was super nice to just get away for the weekend. It couldn't have come at a better time!

I was in a Catholic sorority in college, and they invited the alumni back for Initiation on Friday and an alumni tailgate on Saturday (see last year's here). It was so fun to catch up with some of my friends from college and get to meet the younger girls who have recently joined. It's such an amazing group of young women, and I just felt so blessed to be able to come back and share a weekend with them.

At Initiation with one of the other alumni girls, Lynette, and our advisor, Sarah. So much fun!

Coming back for Initiation was just wonderful. It did my heart good to see so many young women sharing their faith and using their time in college to foster genuine friendships and grow spiritually rather than, you know, focusing on other "college life" things that aren't as positive. There was so much beauty there that night, and I just felt humbled to be a part of it. I just love those girls.

Fightin' Texas Aggie Tailgating!!

We got to eat at my favorite College Station restaurants, hang out on Northgate, and watch the Aggies play some football (although... what a disappointing game!!). We went to church at St. Mary's on Sunday, which I absolutely loved. It'll be a long time before I find another church that I love like that one.

With some of the other alumni girls... it's so fun to see everyone getting married and hear about everyone's jobs and such. We're all becoming grown ups! So weird!

We finally got to meet Amy's (you might remember her from the wedding, she was a bridesmaid) boyfriend! I approve. :)

I should've taken more photos, but I was just too busy basking in the joy of being back in College Station, spending quality time with old friends, and enjoying the beautiful weather! Sometimes life gets in the way of photos. Haha!

I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween and eat some yummy candy!

2 comments:

  1. I love going back to College Station! Fortunately, I go back quite a bit because my boyfriend is still there, but that's all about to change in December. It's just such a special place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the catholic center at a&m sounds SO amazing! i have heard so many good things about it. and your sorority sounds so fun. all the awesome aspects of sororities without the excessive drinking and partying!

    hope you guys got lots of trick-or-treaters!

    ReplyDelete