Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye, 2010!

With 2010 drifting away in the rearview mirror, it's time to take a little look back at last year's highlights! The biggest highlight was definitely Jeff's move back to Texas. After four years of him living in South Carolina, it was so, so wonderful to have him home again.

JANUARY:
Jeff started his first post-college full-time job as a chemical engineer in Houston.

Normally Jeff wears business clothes and works in an office. But he goes offshore to visit his platform for a few days each month, and when that happens... he wears cute little uniform clothes!

We started decorating the new apartment in Houston.


I picked out a wedding dress, a wedding venue, and lots of other wedding things!


FEBRUARY:
It SNOWED in College Station, Texas!


I spent Valentine's Day with a bacterial sinus infection.
I took my bridesmaids to pick out dresses.


MARCH:
We celebrated Easter with both of our families in Houston.


I went on a Caribbean cruise with my family.


We accidentally both showed up to a sorority event in purple plaid.


APRIL:
My aunts hosted my first bridal shower in McKinney, TX.


My best friend Kristen got engaged!


MAY:
I put on a Mother Daughter Tea - my first big event planning project!


My bridesmaids hosted my lingerie shower in College Station.


I was a bridesmaid for the first time in Nicole and Steven's wedding.


I graduated from Texas A&M, and moved to Houston.


We took a trip with my family to South Padre Island, TX.


JUNE:
We spent a weekend at Lake Palestine with my parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.


We attended my friend Maria Pia's wedding.


I took my bridal portraits.


Some of Jeff's family friends hosted our third shower in Houston (which I just realized I never blogged about, oops. It was co-ed and lovely and fun!).

Jeff and his dad

JULY:
We got our marriage license!
I finally got going on the apartment decorating and created a home I'd be happy to move into post-wedding!


WE GOT MARRIED!!


AUGUST:
We honeymooned in Jamaica.


I started law school.

SEPTEMBER:
I cooked and baked a lot.


I celebrated one year of blogging at Spirals & Spatulas.

OCTOBER:
We decorated for fall.


We took a trip to Columbia, SC for the South Carolina v. Alabama football game.


We went to the pumpkin patch!


We dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf for Halloween.


NOVEMBER:
We took a trip to College Station, TX for my sorority's alumni tailgate at Texas A&M.


We spent Thanksgiving Day driving all over the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex, and saw ALL of our families!


I went Black Friday shopping for six hours.... starting at midnight!

DECEMBER:
I completed my first semester of law school (or at least, I think I did... I'm still waiting on my professors to publish grades).
We celebrated our first married Christmas.


All in all, 2010 was a seriously wonderful year. It had its share of struggles and tough times, but it had a TON of great moments and amazing memories. I have a feeling 2011 won't be nearly as exciting (no graduating, no moving, no marrying), but I'm hoping it will be an equally wonderful year!

3 comments:

  1. Your year sounds kind of similar to mine! It was a crazy one, but one of the best yet! Happy New Year, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute post!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute post!! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete