Sunday, July 31, 2011

One Year Ago Today...

We got all dressed up in a gown and a tuxedo...





We joined our friends and family...






We stood before God and the people we love most...



We vowed to love and honor each other forever and ever...


We laughed...


We exchanged rings...


We kissed...


We became husband and wife...





We ate cake...



We danced...







... and then we left in a vintage Rolls Royce amidst a flurry of sparklers.




Now, one year later, we're happier than ever and we're SO, SO glad we got married on this day a year ago. There's something about being married to your best friend that is just so comfortable and incredible. We've made it through our first year as a married couple, and honestly, it was really easy! We just love being together, and although it's not always perfect, marriage has been just blissful so far!

We keep waiting for that infamous first big married couple fight, but so far... nothing. Haha. Marriage is truly a beautiful gift, and I'm amazed by the graces God has given us during this past year. It's been a wonderful, amazing first year of marriage, and I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

Want more wedding? Take a look at Spirals & Spatulas' "The Wedding" page!

Jeff - Thank you for being my everything for so many years already and for so many years to come. Thank you for being a husband I can truly be proud of. Thank you for your love... not only the love you give to me, but also to my family and my friends. Thank you for making me laugh hysterically, making dinner when I can't get home in time to do it myself, and making me get up and go to law school when I'm convinced I can't take it anymore. Thank you for putting up with me when I walk in the door and burst into tears because I've just had a horrible day, or when I wake you up on a Saturday morning because I'm bored and I just need someone to play with, or when I make you hang 426 things on the wall and get obsessive about exactly how high and how centered they should be, or when I beg you to let me get a puppy even though I know we're way too busy for that right now. I absolutely love being married to you, and you'll always be my best friend and the love of my life.

All photos by Kelli Nicole Photography.

7 comments:

  1. I thought about you when I woke up today and realized it was the 31st! Happy 1st anniversary!! :) Hope you guys have fun celebrating! And I totally agree - There's nothing better than being married to your best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's been over a year since I started reading your wonderful blog! Time sure does fly! Congratulations and many blessings to you on your 1st anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your first anniversary! you two are a great couple and i love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! We had the same dress. So obviously, you have amazing taste. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Too many, many more anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy First Anniversary! May you be blessed with many more happy years together!

    ReplyDelete