Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things...

I found this at HomeGoods a while ago, and I just knew I had to buy it. I had no idea where it would go, but it was too perfect to not take home:

It's 1 Corinthians 13:8, the last sentence of the reading my uncle did at our wedding, and a special verse to Jeff and me. Plus, it's adorable and looks all hand-stiched and cute!

Once the kitchen started taking on some sort of country-chic vibe with the lacey curtains, I knew this sign had to go in there somewhere. 

I've been saving a couple of prints from one of my favorite Etsy sellers (tagteamtompkins) and waiting for the right place to put them, but once I decided to use the Love Never Fails frame in the kitchen, I pulled the prints out to use in the kitchen as well:

A quote from a British poet (English-major Katie loves this!)

A Ben Franklin quote, and a quaint reminder to live life to its fullest!

When I got around to brainstorming what the heck I was going to do with these three frames and a big blank kitchen wall, I realized I need something else to go along with them. I was planning on doing a chalkboard or a dry erase menu board, but when I pulled out one of my vintage aprons while baking the other day, it hit me - I should hang my aprons on pretty hooks with the frames!

I bought three pretty hooks at Hobby Lobby (50% off!) - two of the square glass ones, and one iron one:



I arranged everything on the kitchen table, and then used my tried-and-true method of paper templates on the wall.



I got to use the drill AND the electric screwdriver for this project!


A few nails and screws later, it was finished!


At least, it was almost finished. There was one little thing bothering me...

Those silver screws were ruining the whole thing!!

It was nothing a little black paint couldn't fix! 


All better!

I'm so in love with the whole thing. I love having an easy-access place for my aprons, and I love having some of my favorite quotes and things in a room that we use a lot. I'm really glad I didn't decide to make a chalkboard/dry erase menu board because (let's face it) I never plan a whole week of meals at once. It would just be silly.




I think the kitchen is just about finished now (except for maybe some window seat cushions, and new placemats or a table runner, and some sort of centerpiece, and I'm considering refinishing the tabletop, etc.). I'm really happy with it though, especially that cute wall on the right! :o)

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! i used your pieces of paper trick for a little wall arrangement in our apartment a while back. SO easy - genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen looks really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete