Friday, December 16, 2011

A Wintery Milk Glass Centerpiece

Finals are OVER!! Thank goodness. It was getting pretty rough around here. I know God never gives me more than I can handle... but He sure does come awfully close!! Thank you for all the support and prayers! Let's get Christmasy, shall we?

I didn't include the dining room in my holiday decorations post because I'm just so in love with what I did in there that I thought it deserved it's own post. So, I present to you... the milk glass wintery wonderland on the dining room table!!


I brought my entire milk glass collection down from upstairs and put it on the table, and then I filled them with white chrysanthemums, cinnamon-scented pinecones, and various evergreen branches that smell lovely and came in a giant pack of assorted evergreens for $5 at Wal-Mart!


I love it. Plus, each piece is special to me for one reason or another, so it's so fun to use them all for the holidays.

This one was given to me by Jeff's grandma.

Jeff won this one for me at the furniture auction that we go to sometimes.

This one was given to me by a good friend of Jeff's family.

This one was one of three pieces given to me from my college roommate Kristen as a wedding gift (see her wedding here!), and it was the start of my collection!

Another piece from Kristen!

The third piece from Kristen!

This one was also a gift from Jeff's grandma.

I love the multi-container arrangement because it looks pretty no matter what side of the table you're on!





I think it's just beautiful. Plus, that room smells divine! Oh, and for those of you who commented on this post and said that the off-center chandelier isn't noticeable, take a look from this angle:

Yeah, it's pretty off-center. Ugh.

Anyway, that concludes the Christmas decoration posts! OH! Except I just remembered that I haven't shown you the outside of the house... I'll have to get going on that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment