Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guestbook Quilt - It's done!!

My mother-in-law finished our guestbook quilt, and it is beautiful! I love it so much, and I'm just so thrilled with how it turned out. It amazes me that Jeff's mom can just create something like this out of a bunch of fabric and thread!!

Here it is:
So pretty! (click to enlarge)

She had the center fabric monogrammed with our names and wedding date!

Pretty swirl stitching in the center!

The back (with more signatures!)

Here's a close-up of the fabrics... the gold is a little less yellow in real life.

If you want some more info on the quilt, here's a post about the preparations, and here's a post that shows the display at the wedding.



Want to see some of my favorite squares? The ones from the kids were GREAT:

From Jeff's cousin Amelia: "Best wishes!! We love you! <3 Amelia Katie I LOVE your dress"

From my sister Karoline: "I love yall' Karoline"

From my cousin Scotty: "Congrats Katie and Jeff. I love you. Have a happy life. Scotty"

From my cousin Faith: "Bless Your heart! I <3 You! Faith"

Our parents all wrote sweet little squares:

"...and they lived happily ever after. Love, Mom"


I love the sweet things that so many people wrote, but the one that never fails to make me smile is this:

"Congratulations Katie and Jeff! Remember, I only attend 1 wedding per relative. Make note. Love, Aunt Cherie" (my great aunt - she's hilarious!)

We also have some with elaborate drawings and some with pretty writing, and they all look so cute together on the quilt! I couldn't be happier with the finished product, and I feel really lucky that Jeff's mom has such a talent to share with us! What a wonderful reminder of our wedding day!

7 comments: