Sunday, November 21, 2010

Love Like Crazy: The Flowers

Before we get into the Grand Exit recap, I have a couple more things to share with you. I was so, so happy with our flowers. So happy that I decided they needed their own post.

I met with countless florists who told me that I just couldn't get what I wanted in late July in Houston. But then, I found Trisha at Antique Rose Florist, and she made all of my floral dreams come true!

First, the BM bouquets. Burgundy gerber daises, calla lilies, and dahlias.

I loved how these popped against their dresses. They were the perfect shades of "burgundy-red-not-red-red."

Pretty navy ribbon wraps!

And of course, each bouquet had its bouquet charm.


Then there was my bouquet... ivory ranunculuses, calla lilies, freesia, garden roses, and lily of the valley. Somehow Trisha was able to get the ranunculuses and the lily of the valley even though every other florist said they were "out of season," and I LOVED my bouquet.


Then there were the bouts... Jeff's was ivory ranunculuses.


And the guys had burgundy mini callas with bear grass.


At the reception, Trisha put these vases on the head table to hold our bouquets...




We had two different reception centerpieces... the first was a low one in a navy glass cube with the same flowers as my bouquet (except substituting hydrangea for the ranunculuses).


The other was a tall cylinder filled with water and orchids. Trisha worked so hard ordering sample flowers until we found the PERFECT breed of orchids with a burgundy throat. She also dug through bags and bags of multicolored sea glass to pull out the navy ones to put in the bottom of these (with a LED light underneath).

I SO wish I had a photo of these once the sun went down... they were just gorgeous!
(Also, behind the vase to the right you can see our flower girls' pomanders. They were just spheres of ivory button mums).

We also had corsages for our moms and grandmothers, and bouts for our dads, readers, and grandpas. But I don't have good photos of those! More info on our flowers here.

All photos by Kelli Nicole Photography.

1 comment: