Saturday, November 20, 2010

Love Like Crazy: Back on the Dance Floor!

After the bouquet and garter toss some of the older guests left. But all of our grandparents stayed and danced the night away!


We definitely got our money's worth out of the open bar... this is me holding the LAST Long Island Iced Tea that our bartender made. He ran out of Long Island mix! (This may or may not have something to do with Jeff's cousin, who stood by the bar and announced to everyone that the Long Island's were delicious.)


Because this is Texas, we of course had to do the Cotton Eyed Joe!



There were so many people on the dance floor. It felt like a club or something. Haha.


I'm not a big fan of cheesy songs like "Shout," but hey, at least it made for some good pictures!

Kelli took this photo while sitting on her boyfriend/assistant's shoulders. She is one dedicated photographer. Hire her. :)

Like I said, my grandparents partied hard!

My Uncle Scott was the star of the dance circle for a while...

Aww. Mommy and Granddad!

At some point my uncles picked me up. I don't remember why. I just know I lost my shoes for a little while! 

I did end up getting my shoes back on my feet, and (miraculously) I kept them on my feet the entire night! I was certain they'd be killing me and I'd take them off by 9pm or so, but between the happiness high and the continuous champagne refills, I didn't even notice that huge blisters were developing. When we woke up  the next morning the first thing I said was "uuhhh my feeeeet." And then I proceeded to pull my toes out from under the covers and show my new husband my gross blister bubbles. Romantic.

I didn't regain feeling in my right big toe until Tuesday (Picture this: me, on a beach chair in Jamaica, wiggling my foot around, saying "I still can't feel it!!"). About 5 of my 10 toes were tingly and weird-feeling until Thursday or Friday. (Medically-savvy friends: what caused that? Did I just totally squish my blood vessels or something?). Note to brides: Assign a bridesmaid to do a blister check at some point during the reception. Take off your shoes if necessary. Trust me, you'll want to be able to walk the next day. :)

And then all too soon we heard our last song start to play (Brad Paisley's "Then"). So I found my husband for one last wedding dance...


It was a sweet moment. It felt like everyone was sad that the night was coming to an end. My uncle and BM Kristen were singing to each other (remember, they only met each other four hours before this photo!).


I caught a glimpse of Kelli with her camera, so I gave her my best I-just-got-married-and-I'm-loving-it smile. :)


And then we took my favorite picture of us from the entire wedding...

Pure happiness. What a lovely night.

All photos by Kelli Nicole Photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment