Saturday, November 6, 2010

Love Like Crazy: The Ceremony Begins

After what felt like HOURS of being sequestered in the bridal room (while my bridesmaids and groom ran around greeting guests and snapping photos!!!), I finally heard the string quartet start playing, and I knew it was almost time to get married!


Prelude Songs: Air on a G-String, Arioso, The Wedding Song (all Bach)

The procession started with our grandparents and parents...
(Processional Song: Ave Maria - Bach version)

Jeff's grandparents

My grandparents

My other grandparents

Jeff's parents

My parents

Then Father John (our priest) and Father Al (Jeff's cousin, who assisted with the Ceremony) processed in...


They were followed by Jeff, and his Best Man, Thomas.



Next the bridesmaids and groomsmen processed in to Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring








And our little flower girls made it all the way down the aisle holding hands, with no problem at all!
To everyone who told me a 2 and 4 year old couldn't do it ) - SEE! TOLD YA SO!





And then finally (FINALLY!!), it was time. The string quartet began to play Canon in D, and the wedding coordinator opened the doors. I reminded my dad not to walk too fast ("I'm in heels and your legs are a lot longer than mine!"), and in we went!


I totally forgot that everyone was going to stand up when I walked in, so I was a little shocked. Haha.


And then I caught a glance of my smiling husband, and I totally forgot about all of the standing people.


As we reached the front of the Chapel, I couldn't help but wish that the Ceremony would go by quickly so we could be married already!


Daddy gave Jeff a hug, and said "Take care of her."


And then he gave me a hug, and then Jeff and I proceeded to the altar where Father John and Father Al were waiting. We were about to get married!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures. I just got married in April myself. Is it just me or does the day go by in a total whirlwind???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know... I was insanely bored and impatient for the whole first 2/3 of the day. But I guess it went by pretty quickly after I actually walked down the aisle!

    I had heard SO many brides say that they couldn't remember all of their wedding day, or that it was all a blur, so I really tried to soak in each little moment!

    ReplyDelete