Sunday, January 23, 2011

Slow-Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Last semester my law school schedule kept me out of the house for over 8 hours every day, so it was hard for me to do slow-cooker meals without feeling they were a bit overcooked. This semester I can come home earlier some days, so I've been trying to use our Crock-Pot more often. This is a really yummy slow-cooker recipe, and it's perfect for the cold nights we've been having!


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts (frozen)
2 tbsp butter
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 small onion, finely diced
1 (10 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough
1 14 oz can chicken broth

Directions:
1. Place the chicken breasts (whole and frozen), butter, soup, onion, and chicken broth in a slow-cooker.
2. Cover, and cook on high for 5 hours (or low for 7-8 hours would work too).
3. Tear each biscuit into four pieces, and add the pieces into the slow-cooker. Push the biscuits down into the liquid a little. Take out the chicken, break it into pieces, and put it back in the slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on high for another 90 minutes, or until the dough is no longer raw in the center.





Mmm!

3 comments:

  1. my mom used to make chicken and biscuits ALL of the time when I was little...although I think your recipe looks better..my mom is no betty crocker that is for sure...bless her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy! We'll have to try this one. We have to find slow cooker recipes that are able to cook for 8-10 hours since I leave (later) at 8:30 and David doesn't get home until at least 5:30 or 6, and me at 6:20. We have a 'Fix It and Forget It' cookbook with tons of slow cooker recipes with all different cooking times - I'd definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom is making roast in her slow cooker today! I think I may invest in one!

    ReplyDelete