Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch!

Last weekend we went to the pumpkin patch with my parents and sister! By "went to the pumpkin patch," I mean we suffered through a 90 degree afternoon in order to look at the imported pumpkins and take pictures that make it look like we have the season of fall here in Houston. But it was fun. :)

With my sister Karoline, who (in the true spirit of Texas fall!) wore jeans and a Halloween shirt despite the heat and humidity. Perfect. :)


All sorts of weird pumpkins!

This is not a pumpkin. I don't know what it is, but it looks disgusting. 

We tried a new patch this year rather than going to our traditional annual spot, and lo and behold, this one doubles as an exotic animal farm!

Anteater!! It was sooo soft!

Mom and Karoline rode this camel!

Camels have big teeth.

Camels also have really long glamorous eyelashes.

I don't remember what this was. Some sort of giant rat. I think. 

I wouldn't classify pigs as "exotic," but what do I know? 

I also got to pet a kangaroo, which was also really soft, but I don't have a picture because I was preoccupied with being excited about petting a kangaroo. 

Are you visiting a pumpkin patch this Fall? Did you already? Are pumpkin patches just marketing ploys designed to cash in on the crazy Texans who will do anything to convince themselves that seasons do indeed exist?

1 comment:

  1. I want to go so badly, but I think I might have a hard time talking David into going with just the two of us. I wish my nieces and nephews still lived here so I could use taking them as an excuse! :)

    ReplyDelete