Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall-la-la-la-la!

It's fall! And here in Houston, we can expect it to last for oh... a week or so. So of course I had to decorate the apartment (you know, so next week when its 90 degrees in October I'll see a stuffed turkey on my mantle and remember what season it is).

Fall is my favorite season. I just love it. I hate snow and ice and all that winter stuff (although I love Christmas!), and summers are just brutal here in Texas, and spring is just...not as nice as fall. I love cardigans and baking with pumpkin puree and stepping on crunchy leaves on the sidewalk. The other day it was just cold enough to warrant wearing socks in the house, and Jeff may or may not have caught me twirling on my tip toes on the hardwood floors. :)

So, without further ado... our apartment is decorated for fall!

Kitchen Table - that centerpiece was one of my Marshalls HomeGoods finds!

We had fall flowers in that vase. But they died. And Jeff hasn't replenished them yet. :)

Fall angels on the piano!

Dish towels! I LOVE dish towels! Haha.

HobLob 50% off! 

Filled with fall-colored peanut M&Ms!

Jeff mailed me this pumpkin last fall while he was living in South Carolina. :)

Candles from my mother!

Above our TV...

Console table in the living room...

I LOVE these little things. That witch! Aahh. 

Nothing says fall like tealight candle decorations! I love having glimmering light all over the apartment.

My advice on decorating cheaply:
  • Our kitchen/living room already have a lot of brown and red in them, so I tried to decorate with a lot of orange to make a nice fall orange-red-brown combo. Play up the colors you already have!
  • Take things from your parents. If your parents are anything like mine, they've been collecting holiday decor for years and have some stuff they wouldn't mind handing off to you. :)
  • Candles, candles, candles! Glowing light is SO fall-ish. And cheap!
What's your favorite fall decoration in your house?

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Fall is my favorite too! :) I'm trying to stay away from the fall aisles at Hobby Lobby because I just don't have anymore room for any other decorations! I posted all about mine, and they're all my favorite! :) http://theluckiestinlove.blogspot.com/2010/10/fall-decorations.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is sooo inspirational! You have given me some great decor ideas, so thank you!!

    Anyway, CONGRATS! I selected you as this week's Weekly Must Reads! You are so awesome and I am so blessed to have you as a faithful reader! :)

    Spread the word, girl! You deserve some recognition and new followers!

    http://megnificentlife.blogspot.com/2010/10/weekly-must-reads.html

    xo,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! I found your blog from weddingbee and now I'm a follower! :)

    Anyway, I love your fall decor! Too cute! We are in Texas too, so I have a hard time decorating for fall when it's still 100 degrees outside. We've put a few things out, but I've been a major slacker because of some silly wedding we're planning right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Your fall stuff looks great!! Mine looks sad and sparse compared to yours. You have inspired me to add more!

    ReplyDelete