Sunday, January 16, 2011

Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies

When I first saw this recipe I was kind of like "best ever?" No way.  But then I made them, and now I'm a believer! I've made a LOT of chocolate chip cookies over the years, and these actually are the best.


I take cookies quite seriously. I realize that "best" is an awfully subjective term when discussing cookies. I understand if you want something a little different from your chocolate chip cookie than I do from mine, but even if our chocolate chip cookie tastes aren't identical, these are still some pretty darn good cookies. So you should bake them. I suggest you do yourself a favor and freeze 2/3 of the batch immediately so you won't be tempted to eat them all at once. Because you'll want to.

The recipe came from a cookbook my sorority put together in 2007. The mom of the girl who submitted it works at a bakery, so I like to think it's some sort of secret recipe. ;o)

Ingredients:
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 c margarine or butter, softened (or you could be like me and just melt the butter, and then stick the dough in the fridge for a bit before you try to make balls out of it)
1 egg
2 1/4 c flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c. chopped nuts (optional - I'd recommend leaving them out!)
1 12oz package chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Mix together sugars and margarine until fluffy (stand mixer or hand mixer is great, but a spoon and some arm muscles will work too).
2. Add egg and mix well.
3. Stir in dry ingredients, adding the chocolate chips and nuts last.
4. Roll dough into balls or drop by spoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
5. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
6. Devour. :o)

9 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I'm going to try out this recipe. I love making chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too too cute. I think we would be friends in real life. My hubby is getting his LLM in human rights law as we speak. woot woot. love your blog. following you:)

    xx
    Meg

    p to the s
    found your blog through mingle mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having a little party this weekend, I think I'm going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look delish!

    now following :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a new follower from Mingle Monday! These cookies look amazing. I love chocolate chips.


    www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you on mingle monday! the cookies look amazing!! I just got cookie mix (because I can't bake from scratch) so I'm sure my cookies wont be as good as yours!

    http://jetsettingdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saying hi from Mingle Monday! I am definitely going to try these cookies...I'm a complete cookie addict, especially for chocolate chips!

    htto://chasingtheextraordinary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Returning the comment love, from Mingle Mondays. I love the paisley background you have on here! Your baking and cooking photos are so great--they look like they're right out of a cook book. I will have to try this recipe...I think it must be the 2 types of sugar that put these cookies over the top!

    ReplyDelete