Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Visiting the Pumpkin Patch!

I'm horribly, horribly late on writing this post. We'll blame it on the fact that the photos were on my mom's camera, and it took me forever and a day to remember to get them from her. 

But, I have them now, so let's talk about our annual trip to the pumpkin patch! We do this every year with my family (here's 2011, and 2010, and 2009). We always go to a cute little family-owned Christmas tree farm that operates as a pumpkin patch in the fall. 

Right when we arrived, we found a nice mound of pumpkins and took a bunch of photos in the "patch!"

Jeff & I with my sisters


The whole family! 

After finding a couple perfect pumpkins, we looked around at the smaller pumpkins and gourds. 

About a millisecond before this photo, the stem fell off my pumpkin. Hence my funny face, and my sister laughing at my pumpkin. 

Here we are trying to decide which ones were best...

... and here's a regular smiling photo! 

Funny little gourds! 

We played around in the Christmas tree area for a little while...




"The PERFECT Christmas tree!" Haha!


My dad grabbed a wagon to carry the pumpkins, but somehow he ended up carrying all of our purses as well. Thanks, Dad! 


There was plenty of Halloween-themed fun to be had at the pumpkin patch, and we even took a little train ride through the Christmas trees!







Eventually, we decided what we wanted to buy and headed to check out! Jeff and I brought home three little orange pumpkins, one bigger peach-colored one, and a bunch of Indian corn! 



It was a beautiful day to be outside, and we had such fun with the family! I just love the holiday season and all of its traditions! 

1 comment:

  1. Great photos! And I love the one with your Dad dragging all of the bags and purses...classic!

    ReplyDelete