Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pinspired Style

Okay. So I'm SO not a fashion blogger. I spend way more money on home decor than I do on clothes. My Pinterest is full of recipes, not outfits. In fact, I probably spend more money on trying new recipes than I do on clothes too. 

But... I have two dear blogger friends (Laura and Stephanie) that are trying to get a new weekly blog link-up going, and it's called Pinspired Style. And you're supposed to pin an outfit you like, recreate it, take a picture of yourself, and then blog about it. 

The Vintage Modern Wife

Because I want to support their new little blog venture (and not at all because I think I have fashion knowledge to share... that's SO not my thing), I'm doing it. This is totally outside my blogging comfort zone, and I doubt I'll continue to participate every week (like I said, I don't normally pin outfits to Pinterest), but I wanted to help them get it started and share the link-up with all of y'all (I'm sure some of you are more fashion-forward than me right? You guys might like to participate!). 

So here's the outfit I pinned to recreate: a blazer, dark jeans, a tank, nude heels, and a gold necklace.

Pin It

The BigLaw world requires business dress, so I have a lot of suit jackets and blazers. Dressing them down and wearing them with jeans is wonderful because it means I get double the wear out of them! Casual outfits AND business outfits! 

So my first attempt at this was a cream tank with a pleated v-neck (Banana Republic), a gold necklace (Charming Charlie), dark jeans (Banana Republic Factory Store), nude peep-toe pumps (Tahari, from TJ Maxx), and a light gray blazer with the sleeves rolled up (Banana Republic). The outfit was fine, but taking a picture proved to be really difficult because Jeff was out of town for work and we don't have a big floor length mirror. Here are about a bajillion photo attempts, all of which ended up grainy or blurry or weird-colored. 



(I eventually decided to give up on a full-length shot and just go for non-blurry... haha)



I ended up trying again with a slightly different outfit once Jeff got home, and he took this photo for me:


Same blazer, same gold necklace. Navy cotton tank (Target), trouser jeans (Banana Republic), a cream linen clutch (Gap), and my favorite ever nude-colored heels with a bow on the toe (Adrienne Vittadini from DSW). 

The second outfit actually ended up being a lot more like the Pinterest inspiration photo:


Clearly I have yet to master the casual side giggle. I'll work on it. :) 

Okay ladies, now you should all go find an outfit, recreate it, and link up with Laura and Stephanie! 

6 comments:

  1. I have that outfit pinned, and I love your take on it! It looks great! Thanks again for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You did really good on this :) thanks so much for helping spread the word for us! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the look-casual, yet refined. you matched it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did a great job of recreating the look, and I like both options you came up with! I found you from the link-up and am following you now.

    ReplyDelete