Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween! 

I'm planning on heading over to my parents' house later today to see my littlest sister all dressed up in her Halloween costume, but I don't think I'll be dressing up this year. But - I did get my house all dressed up! 

I decorated for Halloween a while ago, and somehow it just slipped my mind that I should take photos for the blog, but I did it last night so I could share them today! 

Most of the Halloween decor is in the kitchen... here's our little coffee corner, with the addition of a pumpkin candy jar (filled with Halloween candy!):


This corner of the kitchen always gets decorated for holidays... this year it contains a trio of Halloween candles, a skeleton tealight holder, a mulled cider candle, and a framed letterpress print from tag team tompkins.


Shakespeare quotes make my English major heart happy.

The kitchen table got some Halloween festivity as well, thanks to a runner I found on clearance last November at Pier 1, some jack-o-lantern tealight holders from Goodwill, and a sparkly black candleholder from HobLob. Oh, and some makeshift napkin rings made with black elastic and black spiders! 





I wanted to buy or sew purple napkins to match the candles, but I never did get around to it. Oops.

In the dining room, I hung a quilted jack-o-lantern man that Jeff's mom made for me last year. Isn't he cute? 


The piano room got a little Halloween decor too, in the form of some little decorations on the piano. 


These candles have been bright orange for a few years of Fall decor. But this year, when I pulled them out (from their totally opaque storage tub) they were faded and almost peach-ish. Weird. But I'm okay with it. 

A photo of us from two Halloweens ago, when we were Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!


In the living room, we have another pumpkin candy dish (also filled with candy... we'll empty out both pumpkin dishes for the Trick-or-Treaters tonight), and I Spy: Spooky Night (a favorite from my childhood - I now have my very own copy!)


My favorite Halloween decoration this year ended up being a trio of pumpkins on our kitchen island:


I found the table runner at HomeGoods, picked up the three pumpkins at the pumpkin patch, and embellished them with rhinestone swirl stickers from HobLob. I thought about painting the stems black, but I want to remove the rhinestones and re-use them for something more "Fall-ish" after Halloween, so I decided to leave them as is. 




And of course, we've got my DIY ghost wreath hanging on the door!


That's it! I'm excited for Fall Decorating Part II later this week (in which I take down the Halloween-specific stuff and add a few more non-Halloween Fall items to the house). I'll get around to taking Fall decor photos eventually... maybe. Haha! 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment