Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Bread

It's Day 1 of Pumpkin Weekend!!!


I've been meaning to try this Paula Deen recipe for forever, and after I saw it on a couple blogs last week I just couldn't wait any longer! Let me tell you... I shouldn't have waited as long as I did because it's so yummy!

This is what fall tastes like.


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 15oz can pumpkin
1 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil)
2/3 cup water
4 large eggs
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg

Directions:
1. Beat pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs with an electric mixer.
2. Gradually add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture (technically you're supposed to sift everything, but as long as your make sure the spices and baking soda aren't in clumps, you'll be fine). Stir until combined.
3. Pour batter into two lightly-greased 8x5ish loaf pans.
4. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean.
5. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes, then cool completely on a wire rack.

Mixing the wet ingredients...

Mmm, pumpkin!

Adding the dry ingredients...

Into the oven they go...

Cooling for 5 minutes in the pan...

Mmmm!

Cooling on the rack...

Delicious!

Yum.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The pumpkin dump cake, I die! Please send me a bite,lol!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete