Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pumpkin "Dump" Cake

It's Day 2 of Pumpkin Weekend!!!


I love pumpkin! Actually, I don't really. I don't like pumpkin spice milkshakes or pumpkin spice lattes (I know, I know, I'm crazy). But I love pumpkin in any sort of baked goods! I was a little wary of a recipe with the word "dump" in it, but it's called a dump cake because you pretty much just have to dump everything in the pan, and it turned out really yummy! It's got more of a "pudding cake" consistency... somewhere between pumpkin pie and pumpkin cake. Delicious!

Perfect in a bowl with vanilla ice cream!

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1 15oz can pumpkin
1 10oz can evaporated milk
1 cup brown sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice. 
2. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray, and pour the pumpkin mixture in it.
3. Sprinkle the entire box of cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Then, sprinkle on the pecans.
4. Drizzle the butter evenly on top.
5. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes until the center is set and the edges are lightly browned.

Ingredients!

Mix, mix, mix!

Pumpkin Mixture

Pumpkin mixture in the pan...

Cake mix goes on top... 

Then the pecans...

Then the butter...

Ready for the oven!

Mmmm!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment