Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Chips

I love apple chips, but I never get to eat them because the little bags at the grocery store are so expensive! So, when I found this recipe to make them myself, I didn't waste any time in trying it. I think they were even more delicious than the ones at the grocery store.


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large apples (I use gala apples, but any kind would probably work)

Directions:
1. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
2. Using a sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice the apples crosswise. Discard the seeds and both ends. Arrange the slices in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil (I think parchment paper would be better, but I ran out of it and keep forgetting to buy more, and the foil works just fine!).
3. Sprinkle apples with the cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake the apples at 250 degrees until dry, turning every half hour, for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Cool on wire racks.

(apple slices!)

(more apple slices!)

(cinnamon and sugar)

(cinnamon sugar mixture)

(sprinkled with cinnamon sugar)

(mmm, cinnamon sugar!)

The parts that look burnt aren't actually burnt... that's just the parts with more cinnamon! 

Ta-da!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. these look delicious! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to be trying these, I always put the apple chips back because at the end, i dont want to spend the money on them... Yum!

    ReplyDelete