Monday, October 10, 2011

For the times when we stumble and fall...

I read this article the other day about Pope Benedict's trip to Germany, and it shared some quotes from a talk he gave about bringing Christ's light to the world and striving to be more godly in our lives. He was talking about how we often look at saints and historical figures known for being godly people and think that they are holy and should be respected, but that we couldn't possibly imitate them in our own lives. He disagreed with that idea, pointing out that all saints are sinners, just like us, and that God doesn't call us because we're good and perfect, but because HE is good and wants us to have a relationship with Him.

There was one quote from his talk that just stuck with me:

"Christ is not so much interested in how often in your lives you stumble and fall, as in how often you pick yourselves up again."

Isn't that just so encouraging? I liked it so much that I whipped up a cute little printable version of it to stick in my planner. But then, I couldn't decide which colors I wanted, so I made four more.

And then, I figured that maybe some of you would like one too! So I'm posting the five files here. You can just click them to make them bigger, than right click them to save. You can then crop them however you want.






It's always nice to have a little reminder that God loves me, even with all of my imperfections and shortcomings. :o)

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the last one! It's my desktop background right now:)! Lately, I've been putting inspiring quotes on my desktop to help motivate me when I get stressed with school and life in general. The one that I had before was: "My child, you worry too much. I've got this, remember? Love, your dad, God."

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great! Thank you for sharing what you create. I am using your wedding program template for my wedding this Saturday. I had trouble finding one that followed the whole mass with responses, but I remembered you had shared yours in a post! You are a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these, Katie! They're awesome!!! I may possibly use this quote in Initiation! :) PS on a totally random note, your background reminds me of Tangled.

    ReplyDelete