Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stuffed Pasta Shells

This is one of the first "big girl" recipes that I conquered in college. The recipe came from an old sorority cookbook, and I love it!

Ingredients:

1 package mild breakfast sausage
1 jar mushrooms (4 oz)
Seasoning (I use an Italian seasoning blend which contains basil, oregano, rosemary, and some other stuff)
Spaghetti sauce (1 jar)
grated parmesan cheese
1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (10 oz)
1 24oz carton cottage cheese
1 box jumbo pasta shells
8 oz mozzarella or Italian Blend cheese

Directions:

1) Brown sausage and drain.
2) Mix in spinach, mushrooms, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, and seasoning with the sausage.
3) Cook pasta shells according to package directions (minimum time), then drain and rinse.
4) Stuff shells with the sausage mixture (get your hands dirty!) and place in a greased 9x13 pan.
5) Pour spaghetti sauce over shells, making sure all surfaces are covered.
6) Sprinkle mozzarella or Italian blend cheese on top.
7) Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 minutes, and then bake uncovered for another 15 minutes.







I don't have pictures of the next bit b/c my hands were dirty, but just uncurl the shells, stuff 'em, and place them in the dish!

All done!

Mmmm, shells! 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try it out. I made my hubby promise to take me to Jus Mac this weekend. ;)

    I left you an award on my blog. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! that looks so good :) i need to try this recipe. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete