Thursday, March 17, 2011

Catholic Wedding Program

Happy St. Patrick's Day Y'all! I hope you're wearing your green and celebrating the Irish today!

This is another old 'draft' post that I just found and wanted to finish. Somehow the wedding posts still keep turning up! I thought this one would be helpful to Catholic brides... it's pretty hard to find an example Catholic wedding program anywhere!

Our wedding programs were one of the projects I was very meticulous about. The design was simple and they were inexpensive, but the inside contained a very detailed outline of our ceremony, as well as the names of all the important players. The first two pages listed our families, wedding party, and ceremony participants. There was also a little note from us thanking everyone for coming and supporting us.

Click to enlarge.

Since not all of our guests were Catholic, I wanted the program to explain the parts of the Ceremony well enough that everyone could participate and feel involved. I typed out all of the responses, and wrote "please stand" and "please be seated" when it was appropriate.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

The back page had directions to the reception as well as our new mailing address (so everyone could add us to their address books!).

Click to enlarge.

I printed the covers on ivory cardstock, and the insides on regular printer paper. Then we just folded them in half and tied navy and maroon ribbon around the fold to bind them. Super easy!





We set out programs on the wedding party's seats because we knew they wouldn't get them on their way in (nobody walks down the aisle holding a program and a bouquet! haha).

I'm including the files in hopes that they'll help someone create their own Catholic wedding program. The fonts didn't show up right because I was using downloaded fonts, so if you use them you'll have to fix the fonts and spacing, but at least the text is there. Here they are:

9 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! I'm following your blog via Tara and Houston bloggy meetup! I love this post about your programs. I did the same thing with mine. We got married in an Orthodox Christian church which is even more foreign to most people, so I made sure to explain everything to a "T" for people. Gorgeous programs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was this four months ago?! :) I looked everywhere for a sample! Luckily my cousin had given me a box of invites and programs she had collected from all the weddings she had gone to. That really helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I stumbled upon this while googling Catholic wedding programs... YOU ARE AWESOME to post this and share the files!!!! This is a total God send and so helpful, and what a beatiful program and generous thing to share! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so helpful! Thanks a million!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooo helpful! Thanks a ton! - the future Mrs. Norcross in Boston

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing! My fiance and I are getting married in May. We are both Catholic but I converted a few years ago and no one in my family is Catholic. This is exactly what I've been looking for and will definitely be using it to help explain things to our family and friends! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous!! Thank you so much! Would you mind sharing where you downloaded the fonts? I am not creative at all and am having a very hard time figuring out which fonts to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fonts are Edwardian Script ITC and Georgia. Both are available at freefontsdb.com, but they might already be in your computer (just check in Microsoft Word). Keep in mind though that the text of Catholic wedding ceremonies has changed a little since then (it happened when they re-did the Mass language to use "and with your spirit" instead of "and also with you," and all those similar changes). I need to work on an updated version of it!

      Delete
    2. You are an amazng person!!! Thank you so much!

      Delete