Monday, March 21, 2011

Bacon Cheddar Chive Muffins

We just got back to Houston last night after five lovely days in Washington D.C. and Williamsburg, Virginia! It was so, so nice to take a little trip, and we had a blast, but now I'm utterly exhausted! Haha.

The last few days of blog posts have actually been pre-scheduled... I'm not quite dedicated enough to blog while on vacation! :o) I answered some of your questions about the wedding newspaper announcement in the comments section on that post, so feel free to take another look if you had a question for me!

I have so much to tell y'all about the trip, but it's going to have to wait until I have a few spare seconds to get all the photos uploaded and such! While I'm catching up on life, laundry, and law school for the next couple days, I thought I'd share some more yummy recipes...

This one is for bacon cheddar chive muffins, and they're so delicious! Before we left for DC I was eating a couple every morning for breakfast, and then eating a few later in the day just because I'd been thinking about them all day. Hehe.


Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
6 slices of bacon (or if you're like me, 8 slices or so with all the fatty bits picked off)
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tbsp white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
4 tsp dried chives (or 8 tsp chopped fresh chives)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/2 c milk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Cook the bacon in a skillet. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3) Lightly grease a 12-muffin pan (If you use paper liners, and they end up a little stuck to the muffins, so I'd recommend going without liners).
4) Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder, cheese, chives, crumbled bacon).
5) Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (egg, milk, soup, vegetable oil).
6) Stir the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until moistened (don't overmix!). Spoon batter into the prepared muffni pan.
7) Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.

Dry Ingredients

Wet Ingredients

Batter!

All ready for the oven!


Ta-da!

Yummm! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment