Saturday, March 19, 2011

Crock-Pot Spinach Lasagna

This recipe is almost too easy. It's kind of amazing how easy it is. I mean... you just dump a bunch of ingredients in the crock pot, and in a few hours it magically turns into lasagna. Ah-mazing. Plus, it only takes a few hours so I can stick it in the Crock-Pot when I get home from law school and have it ready for a late dinner!


Recipe adapted from Real Simple magazine.

Ingredients:
2 10-oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 cup ricotta
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 cups marinara sauce
6 uncooked whole wheat lasagna noodles (NOT the no-boil kind)
1 1/2 cups grated mozzarella

Directions:
1) Mix together the spinach, ricotta, and 1/2 cup of the parmesan.
2) In a second bowl, mix the marinara sauce with 1/2 cup water.
3) Spread 3/4 cup of the marinara mixture in the bottom of a slow-cooker. Top with 2 noodles (breaking them to fit), 3/4 cup of the marinara mixture, half the spinach mixture, and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Repeat.
4) Finish off with the remaining noodles, then the remaining marinara mixture, then the remaining cheeses (mozzarella and parmesan).
5) Cover and cook on high until the noodles are tender, about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.

Marinara Mixture


Spinach Mixture



I left mine in for a little too long (4ish hours), so it ended up a little crispy on the edges, but it was still delicious! Plus, my crazy husband actually enjoys crispy over-cooked cheese on Italian dishes. Weird, right?

Yum!

4 comments:

  1. I love crock pot recipes...I'll have to try this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how funny- i made the same exact thing (same ingredients and all) last week except not in the crock pot. next time i make it will be your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing!! I just bought a crock pot, so I am going to try this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been craving spinach lasagna lately! I've been looking for a good one to try and this one definitely looks promising. And I did want to let you know, I stumbled on your blog through weddingbee!

    ReplyDelete