Friday, February 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Okay, so it's not quite Spring, but I don't like winter very much so we're just going to jump ahead, okay?

I've been meaning to clean out our "office" for quite some time. It's not really an office... it's actually just a closet off the guest bedroom that happens to be fairly large, and we took down the closet bar and stuck a desk in it. But it has A/C vents and electric outlets and everything, so it's almost like it was intended to be a mini-office rather than a closet!

Prior to today, the "office" was getting a little out of hand. We let it become a dumping ground for computer stuff, sewing stuff, gift wrap & gift bags, camping gear, office supplies, holiday decorations, Jeff's suits, and more. It ceased to be at all functional some time ago.

Jeff's gone on a business trip right now, which means I'm being super-productive! Yesterday, I cranked up my Pandora playlist and tackled the office right when I got home from school.

Before photos:

Can you even see the desk back there? Ahhh! It was impossible to even walk in!

Look, suits! Haha. And a shelf full of camping stuff and holiday decorations! And a printer buried in junk!

Ahhh disorganized shelves!

Yeah... it was driving me crazy. I moved Jeff's suits to our coat closet, and I found a new home for the camping stuff under the bed in the guest room, and then I just went through everything and threw away some things and organized everything else. SO much better now!

After photos:

Ahh, clean!

MUCH better.

Look! Organized! Also... I had no idea we had that many Post-its! Haha.

LOOK YOU CAN SEE THE FLOOR!!!

LOOK YOU CAN SEE THE DESK!!!

I even organized the shelves at the top of the room...

This corner houses all of our (non-Christmas and Fall) holiday decorations. I'll be getting out the Easter box pretty soon!

My sewing machine and sewing box are finally in an easily accessible place! I'm using "easily accessible" fairly liberally... they're easily accessible if you stand on the swivel chair. :o)

This is the technology graveyard. Two old laptops with all of their accessories, one old printer, one old keyboard, and one old set of fancy computer speakers. I have NO IDEA why we're keeping all of this, but you can't just throw away a laptop! Haha.

Now I just need to decide if I should hang those bulletin boards above the desk or find something artsy to go there instead. Decisions, decisions...

10 comments:

  1. It looks great! We have all our old laptops too because they kinda work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did spring cleaning this week! I've tackled everything except our bedroom. I have a feeling I'll be doing this for the next couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Cleaning/organizing rooms always feels so good. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I spent part of the weekend doing that myself. Our dining room/ office was a disaster area! Don't you feel so much better now? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yah! victory, nice job. i feel so much more organized when things are clean. xoxo jcd :: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful standing on that swivel chair girl! You'll fall and break your neck! Just kidding!

    Nice work cleaning though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it looks great! i love how pretty and clean it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, I need to clean and organize our office so badly! This may just give me the motivation to do it this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. just found your blog and think it's super cute! what a great job cleaning your space, can you come over and clean mine?? ;)

    ReplyDelete