Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Socks!

While running some errands at Home Depot, I ran into something that I couldn't resist taking home with me:

Frosted Glass Spray Paint!

As soon as I got home, I ran around the house trying to find something I could use this stuff on. When I walked into the laundry room, I knew I had the perfect idea.

This is my sock jar. It's where I keep those mismatched socks that come out of the dryer without their counterpart. It's helped me match together many a separated pair (like that white sock that's in there in the photo... his buddy magically appeared in another load a few days later!).

I found some letter stickers and tape and got to work:


I put the stickers on the jar, and taped off a square around them.

Then, I followed the directions on the can and sprayed a few coats.

When I took off the tape and stickers, here's what I ended up with:

A labelled sock jar!


It's definitely not perfect (I think I peeled everything off before it was totally dry, and if I had to do it over again I'd use stickers that were a little less whimsical), but I love it, and was a perfect quick project for playing with the frosted glass spray. 

Has anyone else tried out the frosted glass spray? I'm hoping to find something else to use it on soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That frost spray is the coolest thing.. I def want to try it with something! I think your sock jar came out super!

    ReplyDelete