Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Bridal Bouquet

I loved my bridal bouquet. It was just so pretty, and exactly what I wanted!





Garden roses, white calla lilies, lily of the valley, and ranunculus... sigh. Lovely.

When we left our reception, I just left it there in that vase and I kind of forgot about it until we came home from our honeymoon. My parents picked us up from the airport and we went straight to their house to open our wedding gifts. When we drove into their garage I saw my bouquet... my mom had it hanging upside down in the garage, drying. It was all brown and shrivelly and disgusting-looking, and I remember thinking Wow... there's nothing like a wilted brown bouquet to bring you back to reality and realize that the wedding is definitely over!

I never really thought about what happened to my bouquet after that, but I found out this weekend when my parents gave us an anniversary present...


It's my bouquet, turned into potpourri and put in a fancy candleholder! My mom waited until it had completely dried, then shook it into a large Ziploc, crumbled it a bit, and mixed it with tropical-scented potpourri oil. 


Now, it's on display in our living room!


I had never even heard of doing this to a bouquet, but I think it's so sweet and creative! Plus, it smells really nice!

Isn't that just so clever? What did you do with your wedding bouquet?

PS - there are some great giveaways going on over at Puma Life - here and here!


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. wow i LOVE that idea! i seriously am going to remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! I dried my bouquet and then I put all the roses in an apothecary jar. It's sitting on our mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow what a great idea! Wish I had thought of that! I'm not really sure what happened to my bouquet... last time I saw the bouquet was where it was laying next to the wedding cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great idea and a good way to keep the bouquet!! When Aaron and I got married, we did fake flowers (we had a small budget) so I just had a bouquet of fake calla lilies but I LOVED it! I still have it, but it stays in its box so it won't get destroyed =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that idea!! Mine is just dried. I may have to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea, Katie! Super cute and creative, esp for something you don't want to just want to throw away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing idea!! I think I need to show this post to my mom ;) I love the sentimentality behind it.

    ReplyDelete