Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Book Recommendation

I love reading. Back in the days before law school, I used to devour fiction books. Jane Austen is my favorite... I've read every single one of her novels. Now that I read so much for law school though, the last thing I want to do when I finally get done studying/researching is pick up another book.

Lucky for me, I finished up my summer internships last week, so I had a few days without law-related reading (of course, even though we don't start class again until next Monday, I'm already back in the swing of things due to an onslaught of "first-day assignments" posted via the Internet). I was so excited to finally have time to read a for-fun book because my aunt, Traci Bell, just published her first novel!


It's called Entangled, and it's a paranormal romance novel, and it's intriguing and funny and thrilling all at the same time. I promise I'm not just saying this because my aunt wrote it (in fact, I think that made me even more critical than I normally would have been), but I couldn't put it down and I absolutely loved it! I read the whole thing in one and a half days.

Here's the description from the back of the book:

When divorced teacher Cassie Miller dreamt about meeting her soul mate, her happily-ever-after didn't include threats of abduction to a parallel world to help him save his people from imminent destruction. Alexos de Werner, exiled prince of a land now under Republican rule, is searching for the woman that can help stop the disasters devastating his home province of Ennis, in his world of Caedmon. Alex will do anything to save his people, even if they don't want his help. Unnerved by the connection she feels with Alex, and the new abilities awakening inside her, Cassie refuses Alex's request. A nudge from her best friend and a demonstration of Alex's otherworldly abilities convinces Cassie to help him. Once in Caedmon, Cassie must learn to trust Alex and accept her gift before Ennis is lost. Can she open her heart and mind and become the student instead of the teacher?



Sounds fascinating, right? It really was very, very good, and don't worry - it's not uber-"romancey" if you don't like that sort of stuff. My dad read the whole thing! Haha. The characters are just so genuine and interesting and the whole premise of the book is really thought-provoking. 

Anyway, I'd strongly encourage you all to read it! You can get it on Amazon (and they have a Kindle version too), or BarnesandNoble.com (paperback or for the Nook).

I hope you all read it and enjoy it! If you hurry and order it now with Amazon Prime shipping you can get it in time to read it over the weekend! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment