Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Rolo Cookies

Lately I've been totally into simple recipes. My summer schedule is more of a "work long business hours and come home just in time to throw dinner together, then relax with the husband" sort of thing, and not so much a "go to school then come home and leisurely cook in the afternoon and then study into the wee hours of the morning" sort of thing. Overall, I think I like the summer schedule, but I'm not spending as much time in the kitchen as I used to. Luckily, these cookies are quick, easy, and yummy!


This recipe is super simple, and I made them especially for my little sister, Kristen, who loves Rolos and recently came home from college (summer school... yuck!) for a few weeks.

Recipe adapted from here.

1 bag of Rolos, unwrapped
1 box Devil's Food cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil

Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs in a bowl. Cover each Rolo in a small amount of the dough (just enough to barely cover the Rolo!) and roll into a ball. Bake at 350 for 7-8 minutes.

I got about 4 dozen out of this recipe, and they were delicious!!!







Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. I'd seen those floating on pinterest, and I'll definitely have to try them! Yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete