Friday, August 5, 2011

Houseplants!

My newest favorite decorating items are houseplants! They require a little upkeep, but they're so pretty, and relatively inexpensive too! These two were a couple bucks each at Home Depot, and when I put them in $5 pots from Wal-Mart and Home Depot they were just perfect for decorating our kitchen and living room!

This one is something called "dumb cane," but I think he looks rather smart!

And this one's a little ivy. 

Too cute!

Maybe if I can take care of them really well and keep them alive, Jeff will let me have a puppy! Haha. Anybody else have a few houseplants?

4 comments:

  1. Peace Lilys are good and hard to kill :) Looks good loving the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some plants in our sunroom/screenroom...they attract bugs, somehow...maybe they were in the potting soil? So we keep those plants out there, and for indoors I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of real-life-looking-fake plants and we have those inside. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have inside plants but outside I have 1 hanging flower basket. I had 2 others but they didn't survive the heat. :(

    http://ourlifebeyondthegame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't really have any windows that let in optimal plant lighting...so we bought some bamboo. :) I've heard it can survive in a bathroom with no windows! We also have some other Asian-inspired decor, so it works.

    ReplyDelete