Saturday, December 1, 2012

Our Christmas Card Album

I actually did this quick, simple DIY project right before Christmas last year, but since I didn't get a chance to write a post about it until after Christmas, I figured I'd save it for 2012 when the blog world is filled with Christmas cheer again!

My aunt and uncle have a book filled with all of their family's Christmas cards from their entire marriage, and I've always thought it was such fun to look through it and see how everyone has changed (and how Christmas card styles have changed!). So, I decided to make one for us! 

I started with an 8x8 scrapbook from Hobby Lobby for $6.50 (I went with 8x8 so it would comfortably fit on our coffee table with my I Spy Christmas book). I filled the photo slot on the front with a little title (B______ Family Christmas Cards Through the Years) that I framed in red and green cardstock. 




Pin It

Inside, I put each of our Christmas cards on a solid-colored 8x8 piece of cardstock, and labelled them with number stickers to mark the year. Super simple!




(our two Christmas cards from 2011)

There are plenty of pages left for years and years of Christmas cards! It was super simple, but I'm very happy to have it! Sometimes the easiest projects are the best ones!

2 comments:

  1. this is an awesome idea! for now, we have our christmas cards framed on the mantel, and we use the same frames to display halloween costume pictures in the fall. but i think we'll run out of room for that pretty quick, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! This year is our first Christmas card, and I might steal this idea.

    ReplyDelete