Thursday, December 6, 2012

Five Things

It's been a while since I've done a "Five Things" post, and today seemed like a good day to bring it back! Here are five little things...

1. The Daily Meal
Spirals & Spatulas has joined The Daily Meal's Culinary Content Network! Honestly, I find it kind of hilarious/surprising/flattering that someone thinks I'm good enough at cooking to be invited to join something like this, but I'm excited about it! You'll be able to see my food-related posts, as well as those of many other bloggers, on The Daily Meal! 


If you scroll down to the bottom of the Spirals & Spatulas homepage, you can find various links to The Daily Meal's pages. 



2. Engage-iversary!
Yesterday was December 5th (important to me for many memories, which I wrote about in detail last year, but mostly because it's the day we got engaged!). Three years ago, Jeff asked me to be his wife, and I've been living in my own little fairytale ever since. Jeff brought me flowers yesterday to celebrate (which was a great surprise, because I figured he wouldn't even remember!). I put them in various milk glass vases on the dining room table:

(awful phone photo, but you get the idea!)

3. Fancy Christmas Tree Photos
I haven't taken photos of our Christmas decor yet (spoiler alert: I'm really busy with finals, so the Christmas decorating is a bit unimpressive this year), but I did play around a little with the new camera and our Christmas tree! 


I actually want to get a new tree (one that's taller and fits in our two-story living room better), and I want white lights on the new one, but the colored lights on this old tree were perfect for artsy photos! 


4. Wine Has Arrived! 
Well, the weather finally got cooler, and we finally received our wine shipment from our Napa Valley trip! Our wine storage unit is starting to get full! Time to open a few bottles this holiday season!

(Ignore the Fall decor... I took this photo a couple weeks ago!)

5. Prayers Please?
I'm studying for finals. Again. Law school is horrible and awful and no fun. I was just thinking yesterday about how I've been in law school for 2.5 years, and I still just hate it. I know no one likes law school, but I guess I just kind of thought eventually I'd grow to enjoy it a little! Not so much. The good news is that I only have one semester left after this! 

But for now, I could really use some prayers as I study for this round of finals. I find it SO depressing to be stuck spending hours on end with my laptop and textbooks while everyone else is Christmas shopping, Christmas decorating, and Christmas cookie-baking. So some prayers would be great. :) 

That's it for today! Is anyone else celebrating an anniversary of some sort? Or taking fun Christmas tree photos? Or struggling through yet another round of finals? I'd love to hear about it! 

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. That wine storage unit is impressive! I'm luck to have 3 or 4 bottles in our house at one time. I don't think it helps that J isn't a huge wine guy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your wine storage piece! And our dating anniversary (9 years!) is on the 19th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending prayers your way! And just think...when you are done you can enjoy some of that delicious wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We also got engaged on December 5 (but two years ago)! It was my grandparents' anniversary; they were married 65 years before my grandfather passed away.

    ReplyDelete