Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas Wishlist

I find the concept of Christmas Lists to be a bit odd. It feels weird to write out a Christmas List (because it's so gift-grabby and it seems greedy and all, you know?), but as a gift-giver, it's really helpful to know what someone actually wants. 

I hear people say often that it would be better if we just all donated money to non-profit organizations instead of spending it on Christmas gifts that we don't really "need," but I think there's something special about showing your friends and family that you love them with a gift. After all, the wise men brought Jesus gold and frankincense and myrrh, and we all know he didn't really need those (in fact, He probably needed a nice crib and some blankets and a lot of other stuff a lot more!). So I think it's nice to give something special to the people you care about. 

My other problem with Christmas lists is that they take the surprise out of opening gifts. That's why I always try to put as much stuff as I can think of on mine! That way, I never know what I'm about to open. :) 

I thought I'd share my Christmas wishlist this year on the blog. Maybe it will give y'all some ideas for your own Christmas lists, or for the amateur baker/chef/photographer in your life! Here it is:

{The Kitchen Stuff}

Wilton Bake Even Strips
Supposedly these make your cakes bake nice and even (not with a mound in the center)!


Apple & Potato Corer/Peeler/Slicer
How great would this be for apple pies and apple pork chops and apple strudels and stuff? Or just eating sliced apples! 


Dutch Oven Pot
I can't even count how many times I've set aside a recipe because I don't own a Dutch oven. I don't want a fancy Le Creuset or anything, but I want to have a Dutch oven! 


Adjustable Pie Crust Protectors
I love my pie crust shield, but it's sometimes too big or too small for certain pie pans. These would be so much better! 

{The Photography Stuff}

Extra Battery for my Camera
No explanation needed. I just need a backup battery! 

UV Protection Filter
This protects the lens... if you drop it, the filter cracks (and the lens stays safe!). 


18% Gray Cleaning Cloth
It cleans lenses and it helps you get the perfect white balance! 


Wireless Shutter Release Remote
Imagine how much easier this would make taking big group photos! Or just taking shots where you don't want to jiggle the camera by pushing the button! At less than $10, I think this is a great purchase! 


Tripod
Any tripod will do... just something that will hold the camera still! 


Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
I want this "nifty fifty" lens so badly. I borrowed one from a friend for a while, and I'm addicted. It takes such lovely photos with perfectly blurry backgrounds! And it's one of the most inexpensive lenses out there! 


{The Other Stuff}

Penguin Hardcover Classics Books
I've been collecting these for years, but I love them even more now that I have a pretty bookcase in my craft room to display them on! 


Young House Love's Book
It's a book full of ways to DIY update your home, and it's written by a couple of my favorite bloggers! 


CB2 Wall Vases
Aren't these just the cutest? I'd love a few for the craft room.


Two Hoya Sconces from Z Gallerie
I want these for our entryway... I saw them on a recent browsing trip and just went "oh! that's it!" They're on sale right now too!


Pin It

That's it! What do y'all have on your wishlists?

3 comments:

  1. Mine is pretty basic with necessities and three "splurges". It varies from the cord that connects iPads/iPhones/iPods to the charger to a glittery white and gold church to match my glittery white and gold holy family. Btw, I have never posted before... Or at least I don't think... But I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the bake-even strips at a craft store here with a coupon. They were a pretty good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the wilton strips, 50 mm lens, and the penguin books!!! I love them all SO much! What a great list you have. :) I found the best deals for all of them on Amazon, of course.

    ReplyDelete