Monday, July 2, 2012

Turning 23

So my birthday was on May 31st. It was in the middle of the week, so we decided to wait until the weekend to really celebrate and do a nice birthday dinner. But that weekend, we went to the lake with my family, so it didn't happen. We actually made reservations for a birthday dinner a couple weeks later, but I ended up having to work late that night, and I was just exhausted, and the restaurant was kind of a long way away, so we cancelled the reservation and went to Chick-fil-A instead and I got a milkshake with my nuggets. I'm not sure if that counts as a birthday celebration, but it was a really good milkshake. Haha. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and write a (very, very belated) birthday post. 

I spent most of my 23rd birthday at work. Welcome to being a grown-up, right? It was only my second week at my summer internship, so I didn't even think anyone knew it was my birthday, but they surprised me with a cake at lunch. One of the other interns had told the recruiting coordinator it was my birthday, and she planned the cake thing. They sang "Happy Birthday" and everything. Only slightly embarassing. Haha. 

I ended up working until about 8:30 that night. I was working on this project that was supposed to take another 2-3 weeks, and then some things changed with the client and I found out that day that they wanted it by that night, so I stayed to finish it. When I finally left the office, I had a ton of text messages and voicemails telling me Happy Birthday - so sweet! I really do have wonderful friends and family.

When I got home, Jeff told me I had to go upstairs to get my present. I was a little confused, but I went upstairs. He told me I had to go into the extra guest room (which made me really confused because there's literally nothing in that room). When I opened the door, I found this:


Texas A&M tailgate chairs and a tailgate table! We have plans to tailgate for all of the A&M home games this fall, so we needed some maroon Aggie gear. PERFECT gift, and a total surprise too! Jeff also gave me a very sweet card and a lovely pair of silver/diamond earrings. He's a pretty good husband. :o)

The mailbox brought me lots of birthday cards, birthday money from some of my family (hello, craft room decor purchases!), and a pretty scarf from Jeff's grandparents. My sweet blog friend, Laura, sent me a cute little birthday package, which contained some fun magazines and Crystal Light mojito mix (yum!):


My parents and sister gave me DSW gift cards (they all knew I needed more shoes for work), and my sister also gave me this fuzzy blanket (it's for my newly-decorated craft room):


My parents also got me the cutest little owl (my mom had noticed that I keep oohing and aahing over the owls at HomeGoods, so she bought one for me), and a machine-type thing that claims to grow herbs/flowers/whatever without any soil (I've recently gotten into herb gardening, so it should be fun to try it out!):


Jeff's parents totally surprised me by giving me the chandelier that was on my craft room wish list. I can't wait to hang it up!


So far, 23 doesn't feel any different than 22. I think it's going to be a good year though. This year will include my last year of law school (which should be WAY easier than the first two), my graduation, Jeff's graduation (with his Master's), a great vacation or two, and hopefully a lot more wonderful memories made with family and friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated bday, and you have some awesome friends and family with those great gifts!

    ReplyDelete