Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Mashed Sweet Potatoes

I came to the realization a while ago that I don't have very many side dish recipes on the blog. So, I'm trying to change that. Here's a yummy sweet potato recipe that's super easy to whip up and goes perfectly with all sorts of meals!

Okay... do you know how hard it is to get a good photo of mashed sweet potatoes? Just trust me that it tastes way better than it looks, okay? In hindsight, I should've put them in a little bowl or sprinkled some extra cinnamon on top or something, but this is how we eat 'em at our house - just plopped on a plate, straight from the KitchenAid mixer! 

Recipe adapted from here.

Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
3 tbsp butter, softened

Directions:
1. Poke the sweet potatoes all over with a fork.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a baking dish with 1/4 inch water. Cover the dish with foil. Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
3. Peel the skins off the potatoes and stick them in your stand mixer.
4. Beat the potatoes until they have a nice mashed consistency. Add in butter and cinnamon, and mix until combined.

(after the fork poking)

(ready for the oven - minus the foil)

(out of the oven)

(ready for mixing!)

(go, KitchenAid, go!)

Ta-da!

Pin It

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. would you put marshmallow on top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely could... we just try to keep things semi-healthy around here. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I've never thought of mashing it in my cake stand mixer. So easy. I like mine with honey :)

    ReplyDelete