Friday, October 1, 2010

Yeast is a beast.

After conquering my quick bread recipes, I was ready to move on to a recipe with yeast and stuff! So I did it. I made bread!

I used this recipe, with one change: I used 2 cups white AP flour and 4 cups white whole wheat flour (instead of 6 cups white).

And here it is...

My first ever lopsided lovely little bread loaf. (The recipe actually yields two loaves).

Mmmm. Bread! I've been enjoying making sandwiches with it. :)

Anybody have a good suggestion for a simple yeast bread recipe? I'm still working on the whole bread thing.

3 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I bet it tastes amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks good!

    I haven't quite made it to making bread yet, but when I do I may need some pointers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog from the Weddingbee Oct. board and it is fabulous. I love your style and writing voice, and I'm excited to start following you!

    ReplyDelete