Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

Whew. We've done the big Thanksgiving road trip again! This year our trip was super quick because I had to work on Wednesday, and I had to be back to do work stuff Friday night/Saturday, so we made the almost-five-hour trip up Wednesday night, stayed at Jeff's grandparents' house in Fort Worth until Thursday afternoon, then went to McKinney to see my family and stayed there until Friday around lunch time, then drove home. What a whirlwind!

2013thanksgiving44
Traveling with just-baked pies is very pleasant - the whole car smells like fall and cinnamon spice! 

But it's always so good to see everyone, and when you've got three complete generations gathered around a giant table giving thanks for their many blessings, it's hard to feel like the hectic traveling isn't 100% worth it. We're very blessed to have such big families that love us and support us and are just so much fun to hang out with!

Here are a few photos from Thanksgiving with Jeff's side of the family -

2013thanksgiving01

2013thanksgiving04

2013thanksgiving43
Jeff's grandma always has me make centerpieces for the tables! :)

2013thanksgiving05

2013thanksgiving07

2013thanksgiving08
Jeff's grandma, Jeff's mom, and me

2013thanksgiving03

And here are a few from Thanksgiving with my side of the family -

2013thanksgiving10
This is my grandparents and all my cousins - I'm the oldest of their 13 grandkids!

2013thanksgiving11
My dad makes great mashed potatoes!

2013thanksgiving13

My sisters and I usually go Black Friday shopping, but since so many stores were opening so early this year, we had pretty much decided not to go. But then a bunch of my cousins declared that they wanted to go with us this year, so we ended up taking ten people (mostly guys, haha!), piling into two cars, and hitting up Macy's, JC Penney, Old Navy, and GameStop. We got home around 2:00am after a much-needed stop at Whataburger. Here's the group (minus me):

2013thanksgiving39

It was a quick trip, but we made the most of the time we had with our sweet families! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

P.S. Here's our 2012 Thanksgiving, 2011 Thanksgiving, and 2010 Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Those pies look amazing! Looks like a fun holiday!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete