Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Garland Napkin Rings

Some DIY projects are so simple that they hardly deserve a blog post. This is one of them. In fact, it only has one necessary craft supply. No glue guns, no power tools, no artsy ability required. 

But despite its simplicity, this is one of those ideas that just made me go "Why didn't I think of that sooner?!" I give you - Christmas garland napkin rings!



It all started with a giant Christmas decor sale at Big Lots, where I found a thin wired strand of garland with pinecones. 


When I saw it, the light bulb above my head turned on and it hit me - napkin rings for the dining room! I wanted a set of ten napkin rings, so I made sure I had enough garland for ten pinecone clusters with a few inches of greenery on either side. Then I just grabbed some wire cutters, snipped the garland every few inches, and twisted each piece into a napkin-ring-sized circle (tucking the ends around the circle to make it stay). Needle-nose pliers would probably help with this (for getting the corners twisted and tucked under), but I just took the ruin-your-nails approach instead. 


So simple, but so cute when they're done! 



Here they are added to the dining room Christmas table:




Ta-da!

Anyone else doing any super-simple Christmas crafts? I'd love to hear all about them!

1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome idea! How festive!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete