Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Law School Graduation

Last Saturday, I finally graduated from law school! It was a wonderful day, and a lot of my family came into town to celebrate with me, and I just felt so blessed to be celebrating the end of law school with so many of the people who got me through it.

I had to be at school at 12:45, so my family and Jeff's family met at our house around 11:30 to get some photos before we left. Everyone helped me put on the fancy JD graduation outfit...

IMG_1492

IMG_1493

IMG_1496

And then we took a bajillion photos. But I'll just share a few:

IMG_1503

IMG_1504

IMG_1505
Can you tell we're very, very excited to be done with law school?

IMG_6302
With my parents and sisters

IMG_6305
With Jeff's parents and one of Jeff's brothers (the other brother was at his girlfriend's graduation from Texas A&M! Whoop!)

We piled into the car and headed to campus, and I only got there slightly late. Haha! More family met us there, and there ended up being so many people! I got to share the day with my parents, Jeff's parents, my sisters, Jeff's brother, four grandparents, two cousins, three uncles, and two aunts! I felt so special! 

IMG_1526

The valedictorian and salutatorian lead the two processional lines, and (surprise!) it turns out I was the salutatorian (at least, I was before the last semester's grades got posted... who knows what I'll be in the end)! So I got to carry a big banner and lead one of the lines.

IMG_6323

IMG_6329

IMG_6332

Here we are sitting and waiting to graduate (my friend Justen and I were joking about something)...

IMG_6346

Here I am receiving my hood! 

IMG_6358

IMG_6364

IMG_6370

IMG_6374

And then it was over! There were only two-hundred and something of us, so it didn't take too long. After the ceremony, the law school hosted a nice reception back at the Law Center, so we all went to that (and took more photos!).

IMG_1568
With my parents and little sisters

IMG_1571

IMG_6381

IMG_6382
With Gran & Grandpa, and my aunt, uncle, and cousin

IMG_6385
Gran & Grandpa

IMG_6392
With my parents, Gran-Mom & Gran-Dad, two uncles, an aunt, and a cousin

IMG_6393
Gran-Mom & Gran-Dad

IMG_1578
Aww.

IMG_1579
My silly family!

After that, we had a casual little dinner party back at our house. I made a quick salad, my mom and grandma made some appetizers, and we ordered a bunch of pizza from our favorite pizza place in Humble, Sarpino's. 

IMG_6400

Jeff told Sarpino's that the pizzas were for his wife's law school graduation, so they all came with lawyer jokes written on the boxes!

IMG_6401

IMG_6402

IMG_6403

IMG_6404

My parents brought this pretty cake!

IMG_6405


When I thought about what to put on the chalkboard in our kitchen for the party, I knew immediately what it would be. I truly feel that it's only by the grace of God that I've made it through law school (and done really well too!), and I wanted the whole day to be kind of like one big long prayer of thanksgiving! 

IMG_1595

I had a great time just hanging out with all of my family. They're the ones who really got me through law school, so it was really nice to celebrate with everyone!

IMG_1586

IMG_1587

It was a great day. Goodbye, law school!!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on such a great accomplishment! And I love the lawyer jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Katie! What a huge accomplishment let alone being at the very TOP of your class. Very, very impressive! And those pizzas are too funny with the jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Katie!! You should be very, very proud! What a huge accomplishment! And I love that you had a pizza party...with lawyer jokes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Katie!! Especially on being salutatorian! That is just amazing. I love how happy you and Jeff look in all of these pictures - especially the one next to the chalkboard. Such a great day!

    P.S. I can't believe Sarapino's did that - hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you (and your husband). And I love the lawyer jokes on the pizza box. That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete