Friday, January 11, 2013

New Year's Eve Party!

I know, I know. I'm so behind on blogging. No one is even talking about New Year's Eve anymore. But we had another New Year's Eve party this year. And it was fun. And we have pictures. So I'm going to blog about it. And that's that! 

Last year I made entirely too much food, so I cut back a bit this year, and I think it was just right. The menu (this is mostly for my own reference for next year): blueberry brie tartlets, sausage balls, potstickers, chips and salsa, veggies & ranch dip, apples & apple dip, spinach dip with pita chips and bread, sugar cookie fruit cups, devil's food cupcakes with coconut cream icing, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing, and champagne punch. We went BYOB on the drinks this year (except for the champagne punch and champagne for midnight, which we had), which worked out well. 



Of course, there were party hats and noise makers! 

The hands on the clocks of these hats actually move around... too fun!






Can we just take a second to appreciate that Jeff and his brother, Matt, wore the exact same shirt? Haha!


After East Coast New Year's, those of us in cute dresses changed into comfy clothes, and we played a very competitive guys vs. girls game of Catchphrase. The guys were super into it, but the girls ended up winning all three games. :)




Oh, and if you come to our house for a party, this is most likely what you'll get -- Jeff doing silly things and me laughing entirely too much. But there will be a wine glass in everyone's hand, and you'll have a good time!



We opened up a bottle of sparkling red wine from our Napa trip early in the evening, and toasted at midnight with champagne from Napa!



And of course, I got to kiss my sweet husband at midnight. After years of Jeff being gone with the college band for bowl games over New Year's, I so appreciate the kiss at midnight every time!

(check out the snazzy finger bandage... haha)


At the end of the night, we decided to take advantage of all our spare bedrooms, and we had a 7-person sleepover. Everyone had an actual bed or a couch, so it worked out well! I got up in the morning and made coffee and eggs, and it was just perfect. I love having the house full! 

Overall, it was quite a lovely start to 2013! 

No comments:

Post a Comment