Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break So Far...

So it turns out that Spring Break goes by really, really fast. How is it already Thursday?! Let's just say that not all the things on my Pinterest to-do list are going to get done. But you know what? It's okay. It's okay because I've been busy spending quality time with my family, having lots of fun, doing some baking and house decorating, and loving life (oh, and keeping up with my Law Review responsibilities via 4-5 hours a day of quality time with my laptop... it should really be called Spring Sort-of-Break).

Anyway, we've been busy around here! Last weekend we went to Fort Worth to watch one of my sister's dance performances (she's a Dance major at TCU), and we got to stay with Jeff's grandparents for a couple days. Grandma let me go through some of her milk glass and pick whatever I wanted to take home with me. How exciting is that? I just love my milk glass pieces, but the ones that Grandma gives me are my favorite (so much more special than just buying them at a store!).

New additions to my collection!

I spent most of Monday catching up on the Law Review stuff that I put off over the weekend, but I did squeeze in a little baking - coconut cookies and green velvet cupcakes and cake balls (for St. Patty's Day, of course!).


Monday night we went to the Houston Rodeo to see Zac Brown Band. They are absolutely amazing live. I was so, so impressed. If you can ever catch one of their concerts, I'd definitely recommend it.



On Tuesday I started spring cleaning the house. I wanted to really deep clean the entire downstairs (piano room, kitchen, living, laundry, master bed/bath, half bath, dining room). Two days later, I've finished it all with the exception of dusting the blinds and vacuuming/mopping (I always do the floors last). The kitchen and bathrooms took way longer than I expected, but I was being pretty OCD about it, so that could have something to do with it. All those little nooks and crannies are clean, clean, clean!

The big news on the cleaning front is that I'm gradually switching over to homemade cleaning products and more "green" cleaning practices. My new cleaning tools are vinegar, baking soda, water, lemon juice, and a bunch of microfiber cloths. I used to use an entire roll of paper towels every time I cleaned the kitchen and three bathrooms, so the microfiber cloths are a much better solution. I think I'll probably blog about all this cleaning stuff once I've done it successfully for a little longer, but so far - I'm saving money, I'm keeping scary chemicals out of my house, and it works!!


Yesterday we went to the rodeo again to see The Band Perry (also very enjoyable!). Jeff took a 1/2 day of vacation at work and we went down after lunch and just hung out all afternoon/evening. So fun!


Anyway, blogging has been pushed off my to-do list a little this week to make room for all the things we've been up to, but don't worry - I'll be back on Monday with recipes and house projects and more!

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I are going to see zac brown band in April!! In so excited to see them! Sounds like your having a fun spring sort of break!

    ReplyDelete