Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Why I've Been Neglecting the Blog...

Yeah, yeah. I haven't posted anything since last Saturday. I have an excuse though...


We put an offer on a house. That house in that picture. Crazy, right? All of the pieces just fell into place and it just happened. Don't get too excited though... I'm pretty sure it's not going to work out in the end. We submitted the offer Monday night, they countered yesterday night, and we counter-countered this morning, but I really don't think our counter-counter is going to be high enough, and we're just stopping after that. 

Anyway, fingers-crossed that whatever's supposed to happen works out. I can honestly say I'll be happy either way - it would be wonderful to get a good deal on a house we love, but I also love our apartment, and it would be wonderful to stay here too. 

You guys know me and how much I like to plan things... and obviously it's killing me that I don't know where I'll be living in two months. CRAZY. 

I'll let y'all know what happens...

UPDATE: We've received a counter-counter-counter offer. This process is absolutely crazy! I think we're just going to say nope, we already gave you our maximum, take it or leave it. We'll see what happens...

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Hope the offer goes through! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! Good luck with the offer-- I know how stressful that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I know how stressful that is. We didn't do counter offers, but we got in a bidding war. It's great that you know your limit.

    Let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my GOSH, that house looks beautiful! I know everything will work out the way it's supposed to - I can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A) The house looks AMAZING. Sorry the process has been daunting. I'm getting into that situation myself and I am NOT looking forward to the disappointment. B) I randomly came across your blog yesterday and I LOVE it. I love the wedding planning you did. And the fact that I'm not the only OCD control freak person in the world. I'm in that "pre-engagemetn" stage you were talking about and it is KILLING me. The BF finds it hysterical. Anyway, just wanted to say I love your blog since you said you love comments! Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete