Friday, September 17, 2010

"Look What I Made!" - Family Photo Edition

I so, so badly wanted to have photos from our parents' and grandparents' weddings displayed at our reception. Jeff and I feel really blessed to have families that have set such a wonderful example for us of what a real, loving marriage should be like, and I wanted to acknowledge that at our wedding.

I'm really hoping Kelli got some good photos of the display all set up at the wedding, but for now you'll just have to look at my hastily-snapped shots of the practice set-up at my parents' house.

All of the white frames came from Ross or TJMaxx... major deals!!

This is a mock-up of everything on my parents' dining room table. We put little labels in front of each frame with names and wedding dates. We didn't have wedding photos for Jeff's grandparents (and step-grandma), so we just used individual photos from the same time period and put them in frames together. They sat behind our guestbook so everyone would see them.

The whole set-up: Guestbook with family photo frames, Guestbook quilt stuff. These were all set up just like this on a counter at the country club's entrance.

I'm SO glad I did this project. It was a little bit of work to get all the photos together, but it was great to have them at the wedding. Even more importantly, I now have copies of all of those photos that I can keep, put up in our home, and one day show our kids. Families really are so, so important, and it makes me happy to have these photographic artifacts from special moments in my family's history.

EDIT: here's what they looked like all set up at our reception:


11 comments:

  1. I loved doing this project too - We had close to 15 pictures (great grandparents, grandparents, parents, and siblings) and I have all of them up in our kitchen and loft now. I just love when couples honor where they came from! Unfortunately our main photographer didn't get any pictures of our setup, so I'm really hoping the friend we had take pictures at the reception got one. If not, we have my quickly taken picture that I took as we finished decorating on Friday I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute idea! I love this and I'm filing it away for my wedding someday!

    Thanks for stopping by [Life of Meg] Mingle Mondays! So happy to have you! Can't wait to read your comment on which blogs you visited! :)

    xo,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm just stopping by from Mingle Monday.

    Your blog is so cute! And this was such a good idea. I'm taking mental notes for my wedding.

    <3 Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey from mingle mondays!! thanks for giving me this amazing little tidbit for when I start planning my wedding one day. I think that your concept is so classy and memorable. what better way to bring in the new wedding that to acknowledge those who helped in the process of bringing you guys together?? adorable!!

    enjoy your monday!!

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from mingle monday! What a great blog - so pretty and creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello from Meg's Mingle Mondays!! Your blog is so beautiful!! :)

    Sarah

    agirlinthesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by from Mingle Monday! Your blog is adorable and I love the family photo idea...great idea!
    ~Betty
    http://northwestbetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by from Mingle Monday! I really love that idea! I wish I had done something like that at my wedding. It's a great way to incorporate family. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute! I'm stopping by from Mingle Monday and am obsessed with wedding and newlywed blogs so it's exciting to find yours! I'm definitely following. We had a lot of framed engagement pictures scattered around our wedding reception that I got from Hobby Lobby for 50 percent off. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following from Mingle Monday. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, love that you did Mingle Monday! Meg went to my high school! :) What a small world!

    ReplyDelete