Thursday, September 16, 2010

"Look What I Made!" - Bathroom Basket Edition

I decided early on in the wedding planning process that I wanted bathroom baskets at the wedding. I figured it would make everyone feel welcome and stuff. The venue's coordinator apparently had never heard of them though... she was awfully confused when I first told her I wanted to put stuff in the bathrooms. Haha.

Our venue actually has two sets of bathrooms, both of which are easily accessible and close to the ballroom. Of course, I didn't find that out until I had already made two baskets, so I had to run back to Target for more supplies and make a second pair!

By the time I made these I was so sick of spending money on things that would get thrown away after the wedding, so I got creative with the baskets to avoid purchasing them...

Women's Restroom #1 - My mom's bread basket!


Women's Restroom #2 - The basket that holds my headbands and hair accessories in my bathroom!


Men's Restroom #1 - A basket from my mom's craft cabinet!


Men's Restroom #2 - A decorative bowl from our Guest Room!

I decorated the bowls with double-faced satin ribbon (which is HUGELY hard to find in navy, as it turns out) and those little bracket frames that I love so much. As for contents, the girls' baskets were way more full than the guys because I figured they'd notice/appreciate it more. I also put maroon candles with navy bows in the girls' bathrooms.

Women's Restroom Contents:
Hair spray
Lotion
Contact Solution
Tampons and Pads
Blotting sheets
Brush
Band-Aids
Q-tips
Tide pen
Advil
Gum & Mints
Floss
Hand Sanitizer
Aerosol deodorant
Tums
Hair elastics
Nail files

Men's Restroom Contents:
Aerosol deodorant
Lint roller
Tums
Gum & Mints
Hand Sanitizer
Contact Solution
Floss
Tide pens

A lot of the stuff from the baskets was used/gone at the end of the night, so I guess the baskets were helpful to some people!

Funny story: At the end of the night as Jeff and I were on our way to the hotel, I realized I had never gone to the bathroom at the reception (weird, right? Especially since there was an open bar that I was utilizing...I guess I was having too much fun to pee?), so I didn't even know if the baskets ever made it to the bathroom counters. So I asked Jeff, and it turns out he never went to the bathroom either. So when we got home from Jamaica I asked my mom how the baskets looked in the bathroom, and guess what... neither my mother nor my father ever went to the bathroom either. It's like we have abnormally huge bladders or something.

3 comments:

  1. David and I never went to the bathroom either - I never saw them in action! :( I guess when it's your wedding there are just too many things on your mind and too much stuff going on to think about having to pee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bathroom baskets at weddings. Such a creative and personal way to make your guests really feel appreciated. Yours ara amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! I never would have thought about baskets in the bathroom (if I had a big wedding that is). They are so cute and thoughtful

    ReplyDelete