Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Look What I Made!" - Cake Servers Edition

First of all: Did you know that it's JULY already?!?! Let me just tell you...the month of the wedding is insane. I have a to-do list a mile long and I'm going a little bit crazy. Seriously... I wake up in the middle of the night all the time with wedding nightmares. Last night I dreamed that my wedding dress somehow ended up in the same sink that we used to wash our paintbrushes after painting a wall in the apartment red, and it was stained pink all over the bottom. And my sister tried to fix it with Oxi Clean, which for some reason turned it an odd orange color. So I was stuck with a cream, orange, and pink dress. Told you I'm going crazy.

In other news, we really did paint a red wall in the apartment in real life...nesting is such fun! I'll show you pictures soon. :o)

Now that we're so close to the wedding with so many things left to do, it's time to start decreasing the to-do list as quickly as possible. In the spirit of crossing things off my list, I successfully created the cheapest, fastest set of cake serving utensils ever. Ev-er. Behold...


I bought these for $4.99 at Wal-Mart.


Here they are without the ugly white bows...(yes, the handles are made of plastic...this was obviously not a high priority on the wedding list)


Dressed up with some burgundy and navy ribbon...



Dressed up with some cream and navy ribbon...

I decided I liked the burgundy and navy best, so I switched the cream ribbon out and trimmed the edges and TaDa! Here they are:

Ignore the partially-finished bathroom basket in the background.

So that's it. $5. 5 minutes. Finished cake servers. Done.

1 comment:

  1. I love them! I got mine for $5 at Hobby Lobby and added some damask ribbon bows. Great minds think alike. :)

    PS - If there is ANYTHING I can help you with, let me know!!

    ReplyDelete