Friday, April 10, 2015

Seven Quick Takes

I have another seven random things for you today, so I'm linking up with Kelly again! They're mostly cute baby photos, which is all anyone wants to see on this blog anymore anyway, right?

1. Give me a baby and a glass of cabernet and I'm a happy, happy girl.

IMG_8427

2. Here's Connor in one of Jeff's old baby outfits. Smocked decades-old adorableness! And y'all... that smile!!

IMG_2550

3. I didn't realize how much Jeff needed a son until we had Connor. That sounds funny... but I just mean that these two were so meant to be a father-and-son pair. Watching them together makes my heart so happy. Jeff always said he'd be totally happy, boy or girl, and I'm sure he would have been, but I'm so, so glad he got to be a daddy to a little boy (particularly this little boy). I can't think of a better role model for Connor than my sweet husband.

IMG_8538

4. We made gnocchi, sweet corn, & spinach in cream sauce the other night and crossed #5 off my 30 Before 30 list. I loved it.

IMG_2570

IMG_2569

IMG_2568

5. I'm also crossing #8 (Get a dSLR camera and figure out how to use it) off of the 30 Before 30 list. I've had the camera for years, but I was holding off on officially saying that I "know how to use it" because there's a LOT of technical stuff to learn about photography. But since I'll never know everything and I'm happy with how far my photography skills have come, I'm going to go ahead and say that I have officially figured out how to use the camera! I still know nothing about editing/Photoshop though... maybe I'll put that on my 40 Before 40 list? Haha.

IMG_7730
We saved so much money doing our own newborn photos! One more baby and the camera will pay for itself! Haha.

With this one crossed off, I've completed over half of the items on my list. I have a few of them currently in the works, and I have a little over four years left to finish the rest!

6. Babies yawning = the cutest.

IMG_8529
"Airplane outfit? Boooring. Taking pictures in this chair? Boooring."

7. I know I just said that babies yawning = the cutest, but actually... babies in hoodies = the cutest. 

IMG_2370
"Don't mess with me, bro. I outgrew my 3-6 month socks at 2 months."

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Babies in hoodies! That's high on my list as well, along with babies in baseball hats and in swim trunks. Connor is perfect Katie. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really did a great job with his newborn photos! I'm still super impressed. Also, love the smocked outfit - I wish our parents had saved some of our baby clothes!

    ReplyDelete